Linwood North School Enrolment Scheme
When our School Roll reaches the total of 403 students, the following Home Zone will be required to be enforced with all new enrolments.
Currently our School Roll sits around 275 as at 01 February, 2018.
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the below map shall be entitled to enrol at the school. Addresses on both sides of boundary roads are included unless otherwise stated.
- From the intersection of Woodham Road and Pages Road
- South West on Pages Road (North East side only) to Buckleys Road
- South West on Buckleys Road (North East side only) to Norwich Street
- North West on Norwich Street to Worcester Street
- South West on Worcester Street to the intersection with Linwood Avenue
- From the Linwood Avenue / Worcester Street intersection South West to Ollivers Road
- South West on Ollivers Road to Hereford Street
- West on Hereford Street to England Street
- North on England Street to Armagh Street
- West on Armagh Street to Trent Street
- North on Trent Street to Woodham Road
- East on Woodham Road to Avonside Drive
- North on Avonside Drive to Morris Street
- East on Morris Street (South side only) to intersection with Avonside Drive
- Across the Avon River to 29 Dallington Terrace then south east to Johanna Lane
- South East on Johanna Lane to Gayhurst Road
- North East on Gayhurst Road to Glenarm Terrace
- East on Glenarm Terrace (South side only) to Locksley Avenue
- South on Locksley Avenue to the Dallington Bridge
- South over the Dallington Bridge to Avonside Drive
- North East on Avonside Drive to Kerrs Road
- South on Kerrs Road to Wainoni Road
- North East on Wainoni Road to Pannell Avenue (including Wainoni Road to Cuffs Road)
- South on Pannell Avenue to Wildwood Avenue
- South on Wildwood Avenue to Kerrs Road (including Lyn Christie Place and Odie Place)
- South on Kerrs Road to Woodham Road
- East on Woodham Road to Pages Road.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Out of zone enrolments
Each year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received. Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority.
The order of priority in which applicants who live outside a school’s home zone are to be offered places at the school is as follows:
- first priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school. (This priority category does not apply at Linwood North School because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.)
- second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school;
- third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school;
- fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school;
- fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school:
- sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.